Publishon Help

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 9, 2008   (RSS)

By vinco - April 9, 2008

Hi,

I have set up the publishon and publishremove special fields. I would like to do two things;

1) Is there any way to set the publishon date to current date in the when creating new news?

2) on my homepage I would like to display only news that hasn't expired and sort them by publishon date....can you guide me on how to do this?

Thank you for your help

Re: [vinco] Publishon Help

By Dave - April 9, 2008

Hi vinco, Welcome to the forum! :)

The publishOn and PublishRemove fields should automatically be set to the current date when creating new records? What are they set to now?

If you don't ever need to queue up news items for the future, you might consider just removing the publishOn date, then all news items will be posted right away and removed on the expired date.

Either way, you can set the sort order in under: Admin > Sections Editors. Just click "News" and set "Order By" to either "date DESC" or "publishOn DESC" (without quotes) depending on which field you want to sort on.

Then click "Save Details" and go back and click "Show PHP Viewer Code" and copy and paste the list viewer code as "newsList.php" and upload that to your server.

Let me know how that goes and if you need any more help or details.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com