Products pages - "list" page results setup horizontally

27 posts by 4 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 21, 2008   (RSS)

By miked - May 26, 2008 - edited: May 26, 2008

Dave, my apologies! I should have checked a few things before posting, I know better than that! I forgot to replace the universal char set to:

<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">

... on those pages.

I do have one more issue, the "name" is showing is a smaller font on the details page, and I'm using the exact same code/styles as I simply duplicated the pages and replaced the records. The other pages "detail page" all show the correct font size.

Re: [miked] Products pages - "list" page results setup horizontally

By Dave - May 26, 2008

If you view source on that page you'll see you have the document header twice. Search for "<html" and you'll find two of them.

That could be related. It's definitely an HTML issue. What I usually do in that case is save the output to a plain HTML file. Trying to figure out style/css issues in a plain html file is often faster.

Try removing the second html header and see if that makes a difference. Let me know how it goes!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By miked - May 26, 2008

That did it! The code needed a good cleaning.

Thanks!

By nkerschgens - September 11, 2008

hi Dave,

i saw your code, how would this be posible if you dont use php...

By james_jackson - September 11, 2008

Hi Dave,

This is exactly what I want to be able to do, but I'm completely unfamiliar with php. I certainly understand the concept of what your code does but I'm unsure of how to manipulate it to meet my needs.

I'm trying to create a photo gallery for a client. I've set up the Photos section using a Multi-Record Section Editor so I can display photos from each event as a group. My intent is to have the main photo page of the website display the description of the event, three thumbnails (unlinked) running horizontally, then a link below that the user would click to take them to the list page with larger version of the photos once again running horizontally.

Can you give me some detailed codes snippets that might be able to help out?

I'd sure appreciate it!

.james.

Re: [nkerschgens] Products pages - "list" page results setup horizontally

By Dave - September 11, 2008

>i saw your code, how would this be posible if you dont use php...

I'm not sure what you mean? Can you explain your question more? Thanks!

interactivetools.com

Re: [james_jackson] Products pages - "list" page results setup horizontally

By Dave - September 11, 2008

Hi James,

The first step is to create two mockup html pages that show exactly how you want those pages to look.

Next is to create a viewer page that outputs all the information (the images and event data) without the design or layout.

And the final step is to organize the html on that viewer page so it "looks" like the design in your mockups.

Let me know if you are you able to post a link to your mockups and how far you've got with creating viewers and I'll try and help you with the rest.

interactivetools.com

By nkerschgens - September 12, 2008

got it working with html/css.

Re: [nkerschgens] Products pages - "list" page results setup horizontally

By Dave - September 12, 2008

Great, glad to hear it. :) Let us know if you need anything else.

interactivetools.com

By james_jackson - September 19, 2008

Hey again Dave,

Sorry for the delay in my response to you. I also work at the restaurant that this site belongs to. It was a really long week! Anyway, I've got my html mock-ups & viewers posted for you to review. Links are below:

http://hamburgermarys-orlando.com/photos2.htm
http://hamburgermarys-orlando.com/photos-list.php
http://hamburgermarys-orlando.com/photos-detail.php

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there's anything else I can provide you with.

Of note: I inherited this site. It's not my design & the code is pretty sloppy...

.james.