Please fill out all 'Account Expires' fields

4 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: June 20, 2017   (RSS)

By Toledoh - June 19, 2017

Hey Guys,

Never seen this before...  trying to add a new user account on an older site (2.60 (Build 1053)) that I don't really want to upgrade.  However, it won't let me add a new user, I get the alert: Please fill out all 'Account Expires' fields.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By Dave - June 20, 2017

Hi Tim, 

Is that on sign up or edit profile?  It sounds like you've got some generic error checking code that shows an error when a field is missing and it's thinking you didn't fill out "Account Expires".  I'd guess that maybe it's just looping over a list of all the user fields and checking each one has been submitted?

I'd search for these strings:

• alert(
  • $errorsAndAlerts
  • Please fill out all
  • expiresDate

And see if you can pinpoint where in the code it's checking for that field.  And if that doesn't work feel free to attach the page in question and we can take a look.

Thanks!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

By Deborah - June 20, 2017

Hi, Tim.

I think that could be due to the date range set in the older CMSB version. If you access the section editor for user accounts, enable system field editing, then check the ending year entered in the 'expiresDate' field. I'm guessing it's probably pre-2017. Just update the ending year to some year in the future, save, then try adding the new user.

~ Deborah

By Toledoh - June 20, 2017

Thanks Guys.  It was an error occurring in CMSB interface, and the date field was the issue - thanks Deborah!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)