Please disable 'magic_quotes_gpc' error

14 posts by 3 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 19, 2008   (RSS)

By nikkijones - January 17, 2008 - edited: January 17, 2008

Thanks Dave and Glenn! I can't wait to get working on it and am really glad there's a solution!

Only problem is, i'm still yet to get the software working. My host suddenly withdrew a file which stopped it working and i've asked them to look into it. Now i'm getting the same problem seen on the forum before, posted here: http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/Products_C2/CMS_Builder_F35/Please_disable_the_magic_quotes_gpc_setting_in_php.ini_or_with_.htaccess._P58374/

So, I've searched my hosts support database which tells me i cannot change the php.ini file for security reasons.

The hosts i have used to try and get this uploaded are streamline.net and ipowerweb.com and neither seem to work! I think dreamhost.com are going to make a fortune out of us CMS enthusiasts! I just hope i can get my money back from the others!

Fingers crossed it will work first time!

Nikki [crazy]

Re: [nikkijones] Updatabe Sections / Split page updatable areas??

By Dave - January 17, 2008

Nikki,

You were having the 'mysqli extension missing' problem before right? And now that's fixed and you're getting a 'disable magic_quotes_gpc' error?

If you host was working before and then they changed something that broke their PHP then it seems reasonable that they should fix it.

What hosting provider is this error on? Do you want us to try to assist with that? Some hosting providers let you tweak the php.ini settings by having a .htaccess file or other means. With .htaccess it looks like this:

<IfModule mod_php5.c>
php_flag magic_quotes_gpc Off
</IfModule>

Let us know what's up and how we can help!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Updatabe Sections / Split page updatable areas??

By nikkijones - January 17, 2008

Hi Dave,

Yeah that's right. There was already a .htaccess file with the code you mentioned on my server but it was removed. I've uploaded it again but still no joy? Any ideas?

You should already have my ftp details if this helps, from our previous emails (ticket no: Sales #RZO-352509).

I've got to get this site up and running for Monday coming so i'm really keen to get working on it.

I also need to purchase another licence and would ideally like to keep the same host for familiarity when creating my second site - obviously, only if we can get it to work! Its streamline.net that are hosting the site at the moment.

Thanks for all your help [:)]

Thanks, I'm going to research this. If nothing else maybe I can update the software to work around the issue.

What version are you running? You can check here: Admin > General > Program Version.
interactivetools.com

By nikkijones - January 17, 2008 - edited: January 18, 2008

Hi Dave,

I believe i'm on version 1.6 however i can't check from admin as i can't log in!

- the message is showing here too.

Jake emailed me Tuesday to advise you had done a workaround for me and it was all working fine but then all of a sudden it disappeared! Its very strange.

I look forward to hearing from you.

nikki [:)]

Right, I remember. Your host must be up to something. Have you heard anything back from them? (I'm researching the work-around now).
interactivetools.com

By nikkijones - January 17, 2008

No not yet, they said it can take between 24-48 for a response which really isn't ideal given my deadline!!!

thanks Dave :)

By grauchut - January 17, 2008

I had the same problem with powweb, hostmonster. I now have everything on omnis. they are great for price and service. Glenn
Glenn Rauchut (Owner) Emergency Designz

By Dave - January 18, 2008

Hi Nikki,

I have a code fix that should work around it. I'll post it (or login and update it for you) tomorrow. Stay tuned for that and let me know if anything else comes up.
interactivetools.com

By Dave - January 18, 2008

Here's a workaround for servers that don't let you tweak the settings. It basically just undoes with the magic_quotes feauture does. We'll add it to the next release, but here's how you can update it yourself right now. Let me know if you need more help with it.

Open the file /lib/init.php

Replace this line

if (ini_get('magic_quotes_gpc')) { $errors .= "Please disable the 'magic_quotes_gpc' setting in php.ini or with .htaccess.<br/>\n"; }

With this block of code

if (get_magic_quotes_gpc()) { // undo deprecated php magic_quotes feature
$in = array(&$_GET, &$_POST, &$_COOKIE);
while (list($k,$v) = each($in)) {
foreach ($v as $key => $val) {
if (!is_array($val)) {
$in[$k][$key] = stripslashes($val);
continue;
}
$in[] =& $in[$k][$key];
}
}
unset($in);
}

Give it a try and let me know if you have any further problems!
interactivetools.com