PHP version server update from 5.3 to 7.2

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: September 2, 2019   (RSS)

By hiroko - September 2, 2019

Hi,

One of my client is using a server with php 5.3 and the server company will be updating it to 7.2 next month.

The CMSB I used is ver. 2.65 but the server will be updated to 7.2 from 5.3 so I need to update it before the php update is done or the website will not work.

Would anyone know which ver of CMSB works on php 7.2 and still be working with php 5.3?

If so, can I download that ver.?

I've tried CMSB ver. 3.05 when I first worked on the website, which didn't work and had to downgrade to 2.65.

Thank you.

Hiroko

By gkornbluth - September 2, 2019 - edited: September 2, 2019

Hi Hiroko,

According to the CMSB release notes, the last version to support PHP 5.2.4+, PHP 5.3 and MySQL 5.0+ is version 2.65.

After Version 3.0+ they required PHP 5.4.0+ and MySQL 5.0+ and then PHP 5.6+ and MySQL 5.5+.

Version 3.09, through 3.50 will support both PHP 5.6+, MySQL 5.5+ and PHP 7.1

After Version 3.50, PHP 7.1 and MySQL 5.5+ are required

So, if you can upgrade the server to 5.6, (and MySQL 5.5+) you could use Version 3.50

NOTE: Some plugin will need to be updated when upgrading from v2.xx to any 3.+ version and possibly again when upgrading to PHP7

You can ask Interactive Tools for a copy of Version 3.50

***Always back up your current installation files and databases before attempting an upgrade.***

That way you can restore the previous version in case of issues.

You can read more about the requirements for each version and how to upgrade in my CMSB Cookbook

Hope that helps,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By hiroko - September 2, 2019

Hi Jerry,

Thank you for the information!

Your CMSB Cookbook has always been a great help for me.

So if the server company cannot upgrade php to 5.6, then I'll just have to make a maintenance index page and work on the dramatic update.

Thank you again. I'll talk to the server company.

Hiroko

By gkornbluth - September 2, 2019

Any time, glad to help.

You might be able to access the site's PHP version through your host's control panel under something like the MultiPHP Manager.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php