Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video! [UPDATED]

30 posts by 10 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 23, 2010   (RSS)

• Archived  

By Dave - February 11, 2010 - edited: February 22, 2010

Hi everyone,

We've just released v2.03 beta 1 (beta list members will get an email with a download link shortly).

UPDATE: Beta 2 has been released. Thanks for the great feedback, everyone!

The major new feature is a new field type called "Related Records". But we've also got some new plugin filters, field prefixes and descriptions for every field, and a new free plugin called "Create Record Here".

I've put together a short video demo here:
http://tinyurl.com/cmsb-2-03-beta-video

You can read more about "Create Record Here" and download it (free) here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Create-Record-Here-1015

And I've attached a demo plugin named 'v2.03_demoPlugin.php' to this thread with examples of the new plugin filters used in the video.

If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to help beta test (you must own at least 1 CMSB license) please email me at dave@interactivetools.com and I'll add you to the list.

Please post any feedback, questions or bugs you find! Thanks!

Thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

v2-03_demoplugin.php 3K

Re: [Dave] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

By Dave - February 11, 2010

Also, I wanted to add that the next community requested feature we have queued up is "edit page previews". We just had these features already complete so we wanted to get them into your hands as soon as possible rather than making you wait.
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By jtedescojam - February 11, 2010

you guys never cease to amaze me... I feel so incredibly lucky to have found your product as it has become the back-bone of my business... currently holding at least 20 licenses... purchasing at a rate of about 2 per month...and growing!

Anyway thanks for the update... the related records is a great feature, but still a little hard to understand what I would do with it that would make my life easier... (as you've already made it so easy)... could you possibly provide an example of it in action?

Please add into your production queue, the ability to add multiple items in a list section at a time... when creating hundreds of records, "create" "enter" "save" is a daunting task! Especially when the internet connection is a bit slow.
John Tedesco

Creative Director

JAM Graphics

• Archived  

By gleert - February 11, 2010

Hi Dave,

Great new features!! Very exiting!! Would it be possible to change the 'modify' and 'erase' links into icons?? In this way there is more space for additional links like the 'Create Record Here' which could also be replaced by icons....

Please keep up the good work!

Kind Regards,

Geert

• Archived  

By Codee - February 11, 2010

Hi Dave,

Firefox opened your short video demo fine but IE6.0.9 was unable to on multiple attempts.

Re: [equinox69] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

Hmm, works on our IE6, but it had to download completely first. Could also need a newer version of flash. But in any case we're just using what screencast.com and Jing gives us.

If they're phasing out IE6 support it probably isn't such a bad thing. I know Google is!
interactivetools.com

• Archived  

By Codee - February 11, 2010

True! lol!

2 questions on the "Related Records" plugin:

1) does the code generator take this plugin into account or would someone with less-than-expert MySQL skills have severe challenges utilizing this? Here's an example I can think of: Let's say I have an automotive database with sections like Inventory, Manufacturer, Models and, obviously, Models is linked to Manufacturer records which is linked into Inventory so that the client can have long manufacturer/model lists and stay easily organized in CMSB. Will I have to come up with a bunch of "related lookup" MySQL programming for the viewer codes in the loading records section and the viewer public sections?

2) I had CMSB custom-make a related lookup function for one of my clients. Is this a replacement plugin? If I load this one up will it replace the other one, or not be allowed to load up (and assume I'm using v2.02 or v.2.03?

Thanks!

Re: [gleert] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

Hi Geert,

>Would it be possible to change the 'modify' and 'erase' links into icons?

Yes, with a few lines of code you could replace the text links with icons. Try modifying the attached demo plugin and instead of adding to $actionLinks just set it to a whole new value.
interactivetools.com

Re: [jtedescojam] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

Hi jtedescojam,

Great to hear! Thanks so much for sharing that.

The "Related Records" field does the opposite of a list field set with: "List Options: Get options from database". Say you had a product section and a category section. Your product section could have a product category list field that loaded it's values from categories, and your Category section could have a related records field that showed all the products in that category.

On our add-on store, for example, we have tables for: users, orders, and orderItems (since an order can contain a variable number of items). We've add "related records" fields to show the following:
User Edit - show which orders a user has made
Orders - show which items are in an order

Before we'd need to look up the record numbers and do searches which was slow and cumbersome.

>Please add into your production queue, the ability to
>add multiple items in a list section at a time.

Will do, we're improving the field generating code to make things like that easier to develop in future. What's an example of a section and fields that you'd be entering? Would it work like the quick-add field feature in the field editor?

Thanks!
interactivetools.com

Re: [equinox69] Notice: CMSB v2.03 Beta Video!

• Archived  

Hi equinox69,

The "related records" feature is only for the cms admin. So you could, for example, list all the models a manufacturer had on the "Edit Manufacturer" page.

It's not used in the code generator. Or rather, it shouldn't be. But being a beta it looks like it's outputting that field. We'll remove that for the next beta.

Backup, upgrade, and then try adding it to the Manufacturer page to list models and see my other posts in this thread about how it can be used.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com