Newsletter Builder - Mailing List Creation Issue

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 24, 2020   (RSS)

By Steve99 - July 16, 2020

Hello,

The default MySQL Query shown in the MySQL Query textarea when creating a Mailing List is triggering Norton to block the save request with the message "Norton blocked an attack by: Attack: PHP Shell Upload 8". Please advise.

Thank you,
Steve

By Damon - July 21, 2020

Hi Steve,

The default MySQL Query shown in the MySQL Query textarea when creating a Mailing List is triggering Norton to block the save request with the message "Norton blocked an attack by: Attack: PHP Shell Upload 8". Please advise.

I haven't heard of or encountered this issue before.

It would be a good idea to run a server-side scan on the site to rule anything else out.

Is this Norton running on your desktop computer? 

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

By Steve99 - July 21, 2020 - edited: July 21, 2020

Hi Damon,

Yes, Norton running on my desktop. New website, new installation of the plugin.

Nothing malicious found on the server. I do believe this to be a false positive.

If I delete the default value from the MySQL Query textarea the mailing list record saves without any alert.

Update:

I just went back to test this again and the issue did not occur.

This website was just launched, and the last time I had tested was prior to launch.

Although the site is still on the same server location, the settings were updated with a dedicated IP and accessing the CMS from the clients TLD.

That being said, we have multiple dev sites on the cloud hosting platform with a common upper "test link" hostname and shared IP (until launched with dedicated IP and SSL cert). I think that's what caused the false positive, as I can now see in the advanced history there was an origin reference of one dev site and a destination reference of another dev site.

Thanks for your response, and sorry to bother you.

Best Regards,
Steve

By Damon - July 24, 2020

Hi Steve,

Glad the issue was resolved.

Thanks for your response, and sorry to bother you.

No problem. Don't hesitate to check in with us.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/