Modify Records – Access not Permitted. Error - Permalink

By JeffC - December 5, 2019

I am using the permalink with a Category menu and I receive the error: 'Modify Records – Access not Permitted' when trying to view pages.

I have set up a permalink field for each Page, and entered my desired permalink in the field. Attached is a screenshot of my permalink database.

What should be happening is: 

https://domainname.co.uk/pages.php?Gas-Services-3

should be redirecting to:

https://domainname.co.uk/gas-services

But clearing I've done something wrong somewhere. This is the first time I have use the Category menu – so I'm guessing that is where I have screwed-up.

Thanks

Jeff

On a side issue. When posting in the forum is it necessary to hide the domain name in posts to avoid this thread appearing in search engines. I whitelabel the software, and don't want a customer to google their own domain name and find out I am having trouble.

Jeff

By daniel - December 12, 2019

Hi All,

This issue was taken to a support ticket, but I wanted to relay the cause of the issue and the fix in case anyone encounters a similar issue.

The issue was caused by an interaction between the Permalinks plugin and the Form Builder plugin. When active, the permalinks plugin sets up the "num" URL parameter in the background so that the viewer can load the correct page record, but the Form Builder code was also trying to interpret that "num" as a form record. Since the form is set up to not allow modifying records, this caused the error.

Since the form in question didn't ever need to be able to modify records, I disabled the form checking for a form record num by changing this line (generated by Form Builder):

$FORM_RECORD_NUM     = intval(@$_REQUEST['num']);   // specify record number to edit in url like this: ?num=123

To this:

$FORM_RECORD_NUM     = false; // intval(@$_REQUEST['num']);   // specify record number to edit in url like this: ?num=123

Also, to answer your other question:

On a side issue. When posting in the forum is it necessary to hide the domain name in posts to avoid this thread appearing in search engines. I whitelabel the software, and don't want a customer to google their own domain name and find out I am having trouble.

Yes - we allow our forum to be indexed by search engines and so you will want to obfuscate any domains you don't want appearing in search results.

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com