Membership Portal avatar member plugin

By Maurice - March 15, 2010

Hi all,

I'm checking out the "Sample Edit Profile Page"

i made a avatar/upload section.

What is the code for a user to use the upload function in his profile page?

Greetz Maurice
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] Membership Portal avatar member plugin

By Dave - March 15, 2010

Hi Maurice,

Upload handling and display is a little complicated. We don't have anything setup for that right now but if you email me FTP & CMS login details for your site and the url of your profile page I can set it up for you and add instructions for the next release of Website Membership.

If you'd like me to do that make sure your profile page has example code for: no upload, upload preview, and upload delete links.

Note: Email login details to dave@interactivetools.com, don't post login details to the forum.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Membership Portal avatar member plugin

By Maurice - March 16, 2010

it would we great if we had that cause when i can handel de fields in a member area i can build a comment system directly in cmsb but i can also build a file manager, chat function, form builder, dicussion forum and lots more this would make the potential of cmsb Mutch larger.

example.

i create a section editor called comment
ad a field user here i place the code user name and a user id.

in the member area i make a page or portlet named comments i give all users right to add content (titel and content) i keep the user info in the form hidden so each comment can only be added by the user logged in. I do display the name I can even add a avatar the user uploaded in his "My Account".

I can display all comments the normal way just have to design the look and feel in css thats it

the problem is that I don't know how to display and handel the upload or add content in any page if there would be a code generator for that I would not need a Wordpress, joomla or anny other cms I can do it almost all with CMSB

that would be maximum flexibilty.

Ill send you the access info.

Greetz Maurice

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] Membership Portal avatar member plugin

By Dave - March 17, 2010

Hi Maurice,

We have big plans for the code generator to make generation of forms possible for future versions.

We're working on the foundation of that right now which is code to generate a view, edit, or display state for a specific field types. Eventually we hope to have form fields work like plugins so you could just "plug in" a new field type when textfield, dropdown, checkbox, etc isn't enough.

When I get your email I'll show you some basics of handling an upload and adding data and I think that will take you a long way.

Hope that helps! Let's continue the conversation over email.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Membership Portal avatar member plugin

By Maurice - March 17, 2010

Hi Dave

thnx for your reply. isend you the mails.

Greetz

ho and Have and we are working in the NOW in te future I can't sale to my customers. lol

Dropmonkey.nl