Local development under WAMP

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 18, 2008   (RSS)

By retray - February 16, 2008

Hi,
I'm keen to purchase CMS Builder. Is it possible to develop my site locally under WAMP and then upload it to a web server when complete?
Thanks
Derek

Re: [retray] Local development under WAMP

By Dave - February 16, 2008

Hi Derek,

Yes, I actually just switched to WAMP a couple weeks ago. So as far as server requirements it's fine and as far as licensing having a staging environment is also ok.

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Local development under WAMP

By retray - February 16, 2008

Thanks Dave,

I have a couple of other questions. When I create a hyperlink from the wysiwig editor, when I click on browse for url I get the uploaded images dialogue box.

Also I read in an earlier post that uploading pdfs was being included in the wysiwig. I've added the pdf extension in the field editor but can't find a way of uploading pdfs. Would it be worth doing a clean install of the software bearing in mind I'm using wamp?

Thanks
Derek

Re: [retray] Local development under WAMP

By Dave - February 18, 2008

The browse button on the wysiwyg image and link popup is for linking to uploads. So if you want to link to something on the site you need to paste in the url manually.

To upload a PDF and link to it through the wysiwyg you would create a link in the wysiwyg, click the browse button, and upload the PDF from there. The upload dialog window is for images and any other kind of uploads and is used by the insert link and insert image buttons.

The other way to attach and upload would be to use an upload field.

Hope that helps! Any other questions just let me know! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com