Listings Manager

By meg - February 19, 2010

I'm just starting to use the listings manager for the first time and I have a few questions.

First, in the backend that itemizes the listings, allowing for dragging, modifying and erasing, there's no actual text that indicates any information about the listing. Did I just not set this up right or am I missing something? Please advise. [:)]

Second, I'm just trying to get a good basis of how to use this plugin. So the homepages.php that comes in the package is a good example for a page that lists all the listings, correct? The listings.php is for the detailed, singular listing view? I would love some specifics on this....thank you thank you! [sly]

Re: [meg] Listings Manager

By Donna - February 22, 2010

Hi Meg!

It sounds like you're referring to CMS Builder with the Listings Templates? (Listings Manager is actually an older, discontinued product.)

In the back end, you should see all of the fields that are listed in the "ListPage Fields" in the section editor. To modify these fields, go to Admin > Section Editors and choose a section to modify. At the top under "General", you should see the ListPage Fields, and you can set those to show any field you need.

The "homepages" template will show you a list of users -- often used for sales agents, listing companies, etc. Clicking on any of the entries will take you to the homepagesDetail, which gives you more information about that particular user.

The listings template shows you all of the listings (ie, product listings, etc), and will link to the listingDetail page, giving you more information about that particular listing.

Does that make sense? As an example, take a look at the realty-based demo:

http://demo2.interactivetools.com/irw/

This has a similar structure, with the homepages being used for Agents, and the listings being used for real estate listings.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns. :)
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com