Line Breaks

5 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 31, 2008   (RSS)

By soj - March 28, 2008 - edited: March 28, 2008

Well, I'm happy to say, two days in, I'm making good progress. Thanks again for all the help thus far.

A couple more questions:

1.Is there a way to put linked content (image or text) on the same line as a Field Label? If I use a text box or the wysiwyg text area options, the system auto-inserts a line break. Hmmm ... I guess I could remove the field label in the code and add it into the text area content instead. But it'd be nice to have the choice.

2.I noticed one instance where the wysiwyg editor did not render line breaks in a way that Firefox recognizes them. The problem occurred with an image above a table. It placed the image beside the table. To solve it, I simply added a new row to the top of the table and placed the image inside. Let me know if you need the issue demonstrated.

TIA!

Soj

Re: [soj] Line Breaks

By Dave - March 29, 2008

Hi Soj,

Where do you mean with the field label? In the CMS Editors or in the viewers?

With the wysiwyg it may have had something to do with the width of the wysiwyg field. If the image was aligned left or right it could have wrapped in the editor but not in the page viewer. One way to test that would be to click the "Fullscreen Mode" wysiwyg button on the top right of the wysiwyg menu.

We use TinyMCE for the wysiwyg and update it pretty frequently so if there is a bug hopefully they'll fix it soon.

Hope that helps.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Line Breaks

By soj - March 29, 2008

Thanks Dave, the line break is in the viewer output, although the line break is not evident in the code to paste. It's something in the script, I think.

soj

Re: [soj] Line Breaks

By Dave - March 31, 2008

Ok, want me to take a look at it? Just email me (dave@interactivetools.com) links to the viewer page and the record (and CMS login details) and I can see if I can figure out what's going on.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Line Breaks

By soj - March 31, 2008

Thanks, I'm working around it! soj