6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: April 2, 2004   (RSS)

By UsrLnx - April 2, 2004

Is there a way to limit Trusted Writers. I want Trusted Writers to be able to edit anything, but not to make an article active. Only editors should be able to make the article active. I can't find a setting to make this change. Has anyone figured out a way to do this?

Re: [UsrLnx] Limiting Trusted Writers

By Theo - April 2, 2004

In Article Manager, Trusted Writers can actually edit (and publish-live) only their own articles.

If you trust someone enough to let them edit live articles, you might as well let them make pending articles live, since any damage they could do could be done once they're published. ;)

That being said, I'd like to see some more advanced permissions in many of our products, so that you could specifically allow or disallow certain functions both on an individual user level, or by user group. This is pretty far down the list of feature priorities, though.
Theo Wiersma
Project Manager

Re: [Theo] Limiting Trusted Writers

That wasn't really an answer. You may trust someone to edit things and make them live. But that is not the way we are organized. There are 3 levels of responsibility.

My guess is from your elipitical response is that the answer is NO, it cannot be done in any way and that making rights more fine-grained is something you think is a nice idea, but it isn't going to happen.

By Theo - April 2, 2004

Sorry if I wasn't clear...no, it's not possible, but it's something we would like to do eventually.
Theo Wiersma
Project Manager

Re: [Theo] Limiting Trusted Writers

Ok. Thanks. Is this something that could be done through a consulting contract?

By Theo - April 2, 2004

We're actually not taking on any custom programming within our consulting services - our development resources are focused like a laser on some highly requested features.

Our Priority Consulting consists of integrating our products and often performing advanced template customization, but no actual programming.
Theo Wiersma
Project Manager