Issue with uploading files with ( Opening and Closing parentheses ) in the file's name.

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: December 6, 2010   (RSS)

By Mikey - December 5, 2010

I've had a few issues uploading files with ( Opening and Closing parentheses ) in the file's name.

Image file name example "IMG001 (Large).jpg"

The issue being caused is when a file with ( Opening and Closing parentheses ) in the file's name, any image uploaded afterward and following the file named containing ( Opening and Closing parentheses ) in the file's name, would cause the file "IMG001 (Large).jpg" to load into all later uploaded images replaced the image that had actually been uploaded for the more recent uploads.

This issue doesn't seem to effect thumbnails only the original image loaded to the (Resize images larger than:) field.

My client added the word (Large) to the file "IMG001 (Large).jpg" and my concern is that they may do it again in the future and thereby mess up their uploads.

Is there a way to prevent or restrict characters allow in file names uploaded, that would help ensure they can not upload files with () in the file name?

I didn't actually upload the file myself, and I also suspect it may have just been a server glitch that caused this issue, because I've never noticed a problem such as this in the past.

Has anyone else experienced anything like this before and have any suggestions?

Thanks,
Zick

Re: [zick] Issue with uploading files with ( Opening and Closing parentheses ) in the file's name.

By Jason - December 6, 2010

Hi Zick,

Parentheses aren't illegal characters, so there shouldn't be any problem. I tried to replicate this issue locally and couldn't. Please fill out a [url http://www.interactivetools.com/support/]2nd Level Support Request[/url] and we can take a closer look at this problem.

Thanks.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/