Instant Website 1.00 Released

By Dave - September 13, 2010 - edited: October 11, 2010

Hello All,

We've just released a new template set for CMSB called "Instant Website".

Like the name says, it's an instant website you can upload in minutes and offer to your clients. They can control everything themselves and there's literally nothing you need to do other than upload the files.

For a full description of this template and to download the latest version see:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/detail.php?Instant-Website-1018

Or watch a video tour here:
http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/videoTours/instant_website.swf

Or try it yourself here in our online demo:
http://demo2.interactivetools.com/instantwebsite/

Please feel free to post your feedback and questions! Post in the forum or email me at dave@interactivetools.com.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Templates: Instant Website 1.00 Released!

By flamerz - September 14, 2010

i bought it already.

really easy to get it working. i recommend it [:)]

great job.

Re: [Dave] Templates: Instant Website 1.00 Released!

By rconring - September 15, 2010

I bought it last night and just got around to installing it ... had it running in about 10 minutes. As with all of your products, it worked right out of the box.

I have never taken the time to fully investigate and understand the category menu functions. It only took a couple of minutes of reading the template code to get the picture.

What a great product! It is going to save me a ton of time in the future.
Ron Conring
Conring Automation Services
----------------------------------------
Software for Business and Industry Since 1987

Re: [Dave] Instant Website 1.00 Released

By Mikey - November 21, 2010 - edited: November 21, 2010

Dave,
Got the instant website... very nice! Had a site up and running in no time at all.

So, now I need a mod_rewrite for instant website. Can you post one or tell me a good place to start to make one?

Thanks, Zick

Re: [zick] Instant Website 1.00 Released

By Dave - November 21, 2010

Hi Zick,

Most web hosts have mod_rewrite enabled already and the .htaccess file that is included with Instant Website should enable it.

But, if for some reason your host doesn't have it (you'll know if the links don't work) just ask them to install it or login to the CMS and go under: General Info and set Link Type to the first option (which doesn't require mod_rewrite).

Hope that helps!
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Instant Website 1.00 Released

By Mikey - November 22, 2010

Hey Dave,
Thanks for the help. I didn't realize there was a .htaccess file in the instant website folder and I didn't copy it over with the other files when I launched the site. I just dropped it on the server, changed general info and it's working perfectly now.

Cheers, Zick

Hi Zick,

Most web hosts have mod_rewrite enabled already and the .htaccess file that is included with Instant Website should enable it.

But, if for some reason your host doesn't have it (you'll know if the links don't work) just ask them to install it or login to the CMS and go under: General Info and set Link Type to the first option (which doesn't require mod_rewrite).

Hope that helps!