Installation error

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 23, 2008   (RSS)

By joa1 - January 22, 2008

Greetings IT Team,

I am trying to get CMS Builder installed. (v. 1.08)

The One Minute Install page filled in, I am getting the following error, when I proceed:

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: php_network_getaddresses: getaddrinfo failed: Name or service not known in /home/www/mont/cmsBuilder/lib/common.php on line 159

Warning: fsockopen() [function.fsockopen]: unable to connect to www.registerSoftware.to:80 in /home/www/mont/cmsBuilder/lib/common.php on line 159
getpage: Error opening socket: Resource temporarily unavailable (11)

Just to save you time, line 159 in common.php looks like this:

$handle = fsockopen($hostname, $port, $errno, $errstr, $connectTimeout);

Any idea what this means and how I can fix this and get CMS Builder installed?

Thanks!

Joao

Re: [joa1] Installation error

By Dave - January 22, 2008

Hi Joao,

Thanks for the report! We'll get this fixed ASAP.

A quick google search seems to indicate it's a bug with PHP (link). If that's the case I'll need to code around it.

If you can fill out this installation form I can do a free install for you and patch the code at the same time: http://www.interactivetools.com/support/installation.cgi Just put "Dave offered free install to fix bug" in the comments.

Let me know if that will work for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Installation error

By joa1 - January 22, 2008

Thanks Dave, much appreciated. Already got the info to you. Let me know how it goes.
Joao

Re: [Dave] Installation error

By Dave - January 23, 2008

Just a heads up on this one. It was an issue with the way the server was configured. I've added some code to the next version (v1.09) to work around it in case anyone else has this issue in future.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com