Import members into CMSB Membership

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: May 30, 2016   (RSS)

By Jesus - May 27, 2016

Hi,

I need to import members into my CMSBuilder from a couple of scripts I was using. I've users information from IPBoard and Gossamer Links and now I'll let CMSBuilder to become my users database.

I've the CSV import plugin with me as well, so is there a way to import my current users from this systems into CMSBuilder? What do I need to move between those two systems in order to move it to CMSB?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Jesus

By Damon - May 30, 2016

Hi Jesus,

The first step is to get the user accounts from the other systems into a CSV format. You can then further format and remove duplicates if needed using Excel.

Next, you can import the user accounts into the CMS Builder user accounts table using the CSV Import plugin. If you have a staging/demo installation of CMS Builder, do the import there first before importing into the live installation. And do backup your database before doing an import.

The last note is that the users may need to reset their passwords. Not sure if the passwords are in the other systems as plain text or encrypted password hash. If the password is encrypted, the user will need to reset their password to login.

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/