Import Data or Spread Sheet into CMS Builder

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 13, 2008   (RSS)

By mheller - April 12, 2008

I am a new customer of CMS Builder and the project I am using it on has me creating a unique user pages that allow the user to list many items in a spreadsheet like view. Most of these users already have a spreadsheet template (either excel or OpenOffice) that they keep updated. Is there a way to import that spreadsheet data into list / view page?

Re: [mheller] Import Data or Spread Sheet into CMS Builder

By Dave - April 13, 2008

Hi mheller,

Unfortunately, there's no automatic way to import spreadsheet data.

If you needed the data on a single page you could have them cut and paste. I did a quick test and excel data gets copied and pasted into the wysiwyg as a table using recent versions of Firefox and IE. So if all you needed way to publish a grid of data on a web page that would be one way.

If you needed the different rows of excel data to be different records then you'd need a custom script to import that (we offer custom programming if needed). You'd either need to find some code to import excel spreadsheets (I found some here through google) or have users export as CSV and then import that.

Hope that helps, let me know if you have any other questions about that or if there's anything else we can do to assist.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com