Help req please with filter issue

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: August 2, 2018   (RSS)

By willydoit - August 2, 2018

Hi all,

I have a page that loads from a menu and uses two tables, table 1 is "information_section_headers" and provides a heading that goes at the top of a listing page and table 2 "information_pages" which creates a list filtered according to the menu link.

So a link to the page with ?category=beach pulls the correct header information from table 1 and the correct lists from table 2

All that at the moment seems to work fine.

My problem is if the page is called without a filter ie no ?category=

when that occurs it shows all the listings which is fine, however it also shows all the headers which I do not want.

Is there a way to code it so that if there is no filter value at the end of the link table 1 defaults to a specified category header while table 2 continues to list all listings.

something such as if no filter present then the value for the information table category = "full list header" so that it displays the record called full list header.

I have copied my current header code below so you can see what I have so far:

Thanks in advance for any help provided.

// load records from 'information_section_headers' list($information_section_headersRecords, $information_section_headersMetaData) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'information_section_headers', 'loadUploads' => false, 'allowSearch' => true, )); // load records from 'information_pages' list($information_pagesRecords, $information_pagesMetaData) = getRecords(array( 'tableName' => 'information_pages', 'orderBy' => 'RAND()', 'loadUploads' => true, 'allowSearch' => true, )); ?>

By daniel - August 2, 2018

Hello,

One way to accomplish this would be to modify the section where you output the header to something like this:

if( empty( $_REQUEST['category'] )) {
  echo 'All Listings';
} else {
 ** your existing header output code **
}

Let me know how this works for you, and if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com