HELP with transfer of hosting company please!

8 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 12, 2008   (RSS)

By nikkijones - March 10, 2008

Hi,

I set up CMS on a test server and Dave helped configure it so it worked. However, i switched hosts to ipowerweb which since the upgrade of platforms have not been very helpful! Due to my restricted time limit (site was supposed to go live last monday!) i switched back to the host streamline.net. As i was told to do a new install, i downloaded the latest upgrade v.1.10 (due to earlier problems) and have tried uploading that, only to get this:

Please remove the 'disable_functions' setting in php.ini.

...which according to the changelog should've been a bug that was fixed. So, i tried uploading my original earlier version (which worked with this host) which worked in parts but not in others. So i tried to find all the paths and scripts that mention the path to scripting and database names but still no joy. I am literally tearing my hair out [mad]

My mind has now gone blank. Any ideas on the easiest way to go about this? I'm not sure what Dave changed on my earlier uploaded version so i'm not sure where to go to change it on the version 1.10. Or is there a quicker way to get my existing site uploaded and change to the new paths, etc?

I hope this makes sense.

Cheers,
Nikki.

Re: [nikkijones] HELP with transfer of hosting company please!

By Dave - March 10, 2008

Hi Nikki,

Edit /lib/init.php, search for "disable_functions", and comment out or remove that line and it should work fine.

If you run into any trouble with that let me know and I can help you out.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] HELP with transfer of hosting company please!

Thanks Dave - its worked [:)]

Is there now a way i can transfer all the details across from the existing site i created using cms? Ideally i don't want to contact my host as everything takes the usual 24-48 hours to get back to me and i really dont want to stop on this one until i get it up and running!

Cheers,
Nikki.

By Dave - March 10, 2008

If you copy over your /data/schema/ directory (and files) and then click on Admin > Section Editors it will recreate all your sections for you.

If you need to move entered data over you'd need to do a mysql export and import from one host to the other. Some hosts have control panels or programs that let you do that.

Hope that helps, let me know if you need anything else.
interactivetools.com

Hi Dave,

Again that worked a treat. I;ve been trying to import the old database to save time using phpmyadmin from the hosts control panel. Firstly, it wouldn't do it as CMS had already done it so when trying to import it, it kept saying i was trying to duplicate. So, i highlighted all the tables and 'dropped' them. This then allowed me to install the old database's data and all appeared to be well. However when trying to log into admin, i now get this error:

MySQL Error: Table 'alliancein1.cms__accesslist' doesn't exist

I notices the accesslist.ini.php file was missing from my list of files under data/schema so i uploaded it again (via normal ftp) but still nothing!

Any ideas.

Thanks a ton for your help so far!

Nikki.

By Dave - March 11, 2008

accessList is a new table that stores all the user access levels (new feature added in v1.10). It sounds like maybe 1.09 data was imported into 1.10. This could be a bit of a hassle because upgrading converts some of the data (such as access levels, etc) to the new format.

One thing you can try is editing /data/settings.dat.php and setting the line that says "programVersion = 1.10" to "programVersion = 1.09" and then accessing the program again. That should tell it to run the upgrade process again.

If that doesn't work you could email me your ftp for the new server and I can login and get it working again quick for you. Let me know if you want me to do that.

Hope that helps!
interactivetools.com

By nikkijones - March 11, 2008

Hi Dave,

I've tried that and it takes me back to the install page. When i try and install it again it keeps saying i'm duplicating data, presumably because i've already transferred the database details across...i dunno?!

Anyway, i am going to email you the ftp details now along with the control panel details so if you can be so very kind to look into it for. What could take me hours would probably take you minutes!

Cheers,

nikki [:)]

By Dave - March 12, 2008

I think this one is all sorted out now. Feel free to email me if there's any more problems (or post in the forum).
interactivetools.com