Login | Sign up | Toll-Free: 1-800-752-0455

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: November 28, 2013

I'm wondering if anyone here has any suggestions for dealing with an address that is in the wrong place on Google Maps. I have a customer with a website and when we enter the address into Google Maps the location is put in another shopping center completely on the other side of a major highway. If anyone uses the location to find directions they are shown driving directions that puts them in the wrong place. I have submitted a request to have it changed, but, no luck at all at this point.

Hi furcat, 

We've made custom plugins to extend our GeoCoder plugin before that allow customers to manually adjust the position of the map pin (and thereby update the stored latitude and longitude) but that only fixes it for a CMSB website, really what the client needs to do is update Google Maps directly.  The reason is that they're going to have people searching for them through the internet and mobile version of Google Maps as well, and it's kind of like the phone book at this point so it's important to keep it accurate.  

Here's a link on updating Google Maps: https://support.google.com/maps/answer/162873?hl=en

I've made about 4 updates to Google Maps in the last year, fixing incorrect driving directions or addresses for locations I commonly go.  It can take a couple weeks for it to update, but they will update it.

Hope that helps!

Dave Edis - Senior Developer