Geocoder 1.05 Released!

By gregThomas - July 18, 2016

Hi All,

We've just released a new version of the Geocoder Plugin:

http://www.interactivetools.com/add-ons/geocoder/

NOTE: This version requires CMSB 3.00 (Released January 8th, 2016)

Here's what's new in version 1.05:

• Google maps now require an API key to display, added system to integrate API key. 

• Added instructions on how to get a Google Maps API key.

Let me know any questions!

Greg Thomas - PHP Developer

interactivetools.com

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

Geocoder 1.05 Released! Suggestion/recommendation - putting Google API Key into CMSB settings area instead of plugin file

By Codee - October 27, 2016

It's great to see the plugin is updated to utilizing V3 for Google maps API.  Like some of the other plugins/features of CMSB...the googlemaps feature that relies upon geocoder might be better suited for entering the individual google maps api key into the settings.dat.php section ~ like the mysql credentials, website membership, etc.  This way, when the geocoder plugin gets updated the site's data is already referenced and the plugin .php pages don't have to be modified (every time there is an upgrade). What do you think? Thanks for the consideration.

Geocoder 1.05 Released! Suggestion/recommendation - putting Google API Key into CMSB settings area instead of plugin file

By ross - October 31, 2016

Hi equinox

Thanks for the idea.

I see what you mean about saving some plugin details in CMS Builder instead of the plugin file itself.

We have an on-going discussion internally on different ways to handle this.

Along with your idea of adding more fields to the settings.dat file, we are also discussion ideas along the lines of  "Settings" link next to each plugin in the main plugin menu.

Let us know if you have any other thoughts.

-----------------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Ross Fairbairn - Consulting
consulting@interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
Template changes, advanced features, full integration, whatever you
need. Whether you need one hour or fifty, get it done fast with
Priority Consulting: http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/