Form Generator Question

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder: Plugins & Add-ons
Last Post: July 25, 2018   (RSS)

By shawnpatoka - July 24, 2018 - edited: July 25, 2018

Hi! I'm just a little confused about the form generator plugin. It sounds like it's exactly what I need, but I was just wondering about a couple things...

1. If I have a simple Contact Us form, if someone fills out the form and submits it, where does that information go? Can I have it sent directly to my email?

2. Is it easy to add a CAPTCHA to a form? Or is there anything to deter spam submissions?

Thanks!

Shawn

By daniel - July 25, 2018

Hi Shawn,

1. By default, the info will be saved as a record in CMSB based on an existing Section Editor. Email functionality is slated for a future release, though in the interim it would be possible to modify the plugin to send mail by calling the sendMessage() function (located in /cmsb/lib/common.php) when the record is created successfully.
  2. Yes, the Form Generator has built-in Google ReCAPTCHA support. All that is necessary is registering your site with the service (https://www.google.com/recaptcha/admin) and entering the API keys into the Form Generator.

I hope this answered your questions! Let me know if I can help with anything else.

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com