Feature Request: datetime fields and plugins

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: October 18, 2018   (RSS)

By kitsguru - September 24, 2018

I am working on a plugin to handle recurring events using the RRule specification (https://icalendar.org/iCalendar-RFC-5545/3-8-5-3-recurrence-rule.html). For the most part I have this working however a few challenges have presented themselves.

For a datetime field is it possible to add the ability to set the interval for Minutes. The default of 1 in many cases to too granular. I would like to reduce the size of the list by setting the interval to every 1, 5, 10, 15 or 30 minutes when appropriate. If an existing record has a value outside the interval, then the entire list could be built.

Also on the very odd occasion I would like to override the year outside the displayed range. Having an option to allow a manual override where a year can be entered would be useful. If you currently use the date picker and navigate to a date prior to the low year range and pick a date, the year is left blank. So If I use the default and leave the date range empty and navigate to say Sept 2010 and choose the 9th. I get Sept 9, and no year.

If I have an existing record with a year prior to the range, the missing years are automatically added to the selector.

I would like to hide the end_date until it is required and right now it requires additional coding to specify each component where a single attribute wrapper would hide all of them. It would be useful for plugins if the the entire field-group could be wrapped with a data attribute.

For instance: a field called

end_date

has 4 date components: mon, day, year and string. Having the ability to add our own data attribute would allow more control for writing custom javascript/jquery. Adding our own optional data attribute independent of the field name would allow the greatest flexibility and more bullet proof code.

If each field could have a data attribute such as data-fieldrow="end_date" applied to the enclosing form-group, this would provide a simple way to target the entire row(s). Multiple form-groups could have the same value.

<div class="form-group " data-fieldrow="end_date">
<div class="col-sm-2 control-label">End Date</div>
<div class="col-sm-10"><p class="help-block visible-xs"></p><div class="form-inline"><pstyle="display: inline" class="help-block hidden-xs"></p>

</div></div>
Jeff Shields

By Dave - October 18, 2018

Hey Jeff, 

I saw this post didn't get a reply.  Did you end up finding something that would work?  Let me know if we can add some plugin hooks in the code that would make this easier.  Sorry for the delay!  

Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com