Feature Request: Media Library like Wordpress?

By dougdrury - February 18, 2010

I was able to add a media plugin (like tinybrowser) to the default TinyMCE installation. That works well for the wysiwyg editors... but, my client re-uses alot of images of products in his site and we are using alot of 'upload' fields. Are you all looking into allowing the upload fields to access any central media storage so that you don't have to keep uploading the same image for multiple records and getting files like myimage_001.jpg, myimage_002.jpg in the /cmsAdmin/uploads directory?

Just wondering how painful this would be for you all to do. It would centralize your image files so someone could do a bulk upload of a bunch of images, then pick and choose them while either using the wysiwyg or upload fields.

I know this may be a 'nitch' item, but I thought I would ask as it would be a great usability boost for certain types of users.

Thanks,
Doug

Re: [dougdrury] Feature Request: Media Library like Wordpress?

By Donna - February 19, 2010

Hi Doug,

Yeah, that's something the developers have talked about before, and something they'd like to add eventually. At the moment, there are a few other higher priority improvements in line, but we agree! That'd be something great to see. :)

If it's super important for your client to have faster, you might want to consider hiring our consulting team to add that in for you. You can contact them here:

http://www.interactivetools.com/hire-us/
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com