Extras... contact form

23 posts by 9 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: July 27, 2011   (RSS)

By n33x - June 13, 2008

I think that with all of the versitility that cmsB gives us that the form should be a high priority. Since I have been searching for tools within these pages to do things I have a re-occurring theme coming up .....

My suggestion is that IAT can provide us with the tools for building modules .... kinda like a module builder tool box that explains some of the more important or fundemental steps for building modules for this software. An "insiders handbook" if you will. I think that this community will be able to share and build these modules ourselves without having to pay any additional money for other software ... then integrating it.

My host has just made a change and I am unable to use Formail anymore. So All of my older sites have broken forms now. I'll have to go back re-do all these forms some other way. Would have been a great opportunity for me to upgrade all of these sites to cmsB.
[cool]

Re: [n33x] Extras... contact form

By Dave - June 13, 2008

We've been thinking a lot about both email forms and modules/extensions. We're actually redesigning our own website and have a number of custom email forms ourselves that I'd like to do with one tool.

That said, we're pretty booked with custom programming and consulting right now, so it will be a while before we have time in the schedule to do this. You'll still see updates, but the new features will be driven by what's being requested in those areas.

If you wanted to do it as a custom programming job I'd be happy to get you a quote on it. We could make a form builder with CMS Builder that would power an unlimited number of forms. Email me at dave@interactivetools.com and we can discuss that.

As far as an insiders handbook / API for CMS Builder, that's a good idea as well. The underlying code is still evolving a lot from version to version though as we add new features. I think it will stabilize more in time and we'll be able to do that more.

Hope that helps. Let me know if you want any custom addons and we can build them for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Extras... contact form

By lisadye - August 19, 2009

Dave:

Do you have forms available? I need to add a 'contact us' form and a 'request a quote' form and I have no clue how to go about this...

Lisa

Re: [lisadye] Extras... contact form

By Dave - August 19, 2009

Hi Lisa,

I'e attached a sample email form (emailForm.php). You can either modify this one (which takes some PHP and HTML knowledge) or we can custom build some for you if needed through consulting.

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need anything else.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

emailform.php 3K

By efi-revivo - June 16, 2010

how can i use this contact form with HTML not TEXT?

Re: [efi-revivo] Extras... contact form

By Jason - June 16, 2010

Hi,

Are you looking to be able to send an HTML email instead of plain text?

If so, you'll need to make some changes where the file sends and email. It's pretty close to the top of the file.

Under this line:
$from = $_REQUEST['email'];

Add this code:
$headers = 'MIME-Version: 1.0' . "\r\n";
$headers .= 'Content-type: text/html; charset=iso-8859-1' . "\r\n";
$headers .="From: $from \r\n";

Then change the line that sends the email to this:
// send message
$mailResult = @mail($to, $subject, $message, $headers);
if (!$mailResult) { die("Mail Error: $php_errormsg"); }

Give this a try. If you run into any issues, please attach a copy of the .php file you're working with.

Hope this helps.
---------------------------------------------------
Jason Sauchuk - Project Manager
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Jason] Extras... contact form

By efi-revivo - June 17, 2010

thank you :-)

By efi-revivo - July 26, 2011

I try to add a CAPTCHA to this form but i dont know how..

from this site: http://www.phpcaptcha.org/

how can i use it and send the form.

Re: [efi-revivo] Extras... contact form

By Damon - July 26, 2011

Hi,

I haven't ever you used a CAPTCHA from that site.

Hopefully they have an example form with CAPTCHA added that you can use for reference?

Anyone else used used CAPTCHA from phpcaptcha.org and can provide pointers?
Cheers,
Damon Edis - interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Re: [Damon] Extras... contact form

By efi-revivo - July 26, 2011

ok.. so what i need to do?