Login | Sign up | Toll-Free: 1-800-752-0455

Forum

We are redeveloping a site with 700+ property records listed in Listings Manager / Realty Manager, and ideally would like to export the records in xml, or a comma separated format, so I can import the records into MySQL.

I've had a look through all the options, and all the documentation I can find, and haven't been able to find any information/options for exporting the data. 

I have downloaded the listing.dat.cgi file, which contains all the records, but ideally I would like to get the records in a more usable format, such as an xml file.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Hi,

Listings Manager was discontinued and last released in 2004. No option for exporting the data from the admin but, here is an old tutorial for Listings Manager that includes the steps to create an RSS feed with an XML template:

http://www.interactivetools.com/docs/tutorials/listingsmanager/tutorial_lm_rss.html

You can modify the template as needed then publish it to get all the data you need.

But even before you do this, and even easier way is to open the listing.dat.cgi file and use it as  is, just convert the upside down explanation marks to commas.

Hope this helps. If you need any assistance with getting this done and imported into mySQL, send us an email into consulting@interactivetools.com.

Thanks!

---------------------------------------------------
Cheers,
Damon Edis
interactivetools.com

Hire me! Save time by getting our experts to help with your project.
http://www.interactivetools.com/consulting/

Thanks for your response Damon. I've got the listing.dat.cgi and have replaced the unwanted characters,  but  I was wondering if there were any inbuilt export options, as each record also has an image gallery attached, and while the listing file includes the name of the main image, there's just a gallery ID number for all the additional images.

I'm sure I can figure out a way to automate grabbing these images, but was asking on the off chance there was some inbuilt export functionality which would speed things up.

Thanks very much for responding so quickly.