2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: October 21, 2003   (RSS)

Please help: I'm only beginning to use web programs and started working on a site with Dreamweaver's web template. Anyhow, I was having problems printing the pages, but that was random. Now, though, my explorer always shuts down when I attempt to print the page. I get the following microsoft error message:

AppName: iexplore.exe AppVer: 6.0.2800.1106 ModName: mshtml.dll

ModVer: 6.0.2800.1264 Offset: 00045f98

Coincidentally, I get a macromedia email saying explorer may have some compatibility issues with explorer and to download the Iexplorer fix to ensure your code is working. I did this too, but nothing seems to work. My site doesn't detect any errors while running on explorer, but I know something is wrong because my explorer continually shuts down when attempting to print. I need help. [:(]

Re: [losthelen] Explorer shuts down when printing

By Donna - October 21, 2003

Hi there!

Oooh, that doesn't sound like much fun at all.

You may want to try the Microsoft Knowledge Base as it's more likely to have relevant knowledge on this problem...

One thing you might want to try is reinstalling your printer drivers -- you can download the latest drivers off your printer manufacturers website. I've come across several instances where the problem wasn't on my end at all, it was a bug in the software I was using... and they had a fix for it, I just had to find it. :)

I hope this helps!
Donna

--
support@interactivetools.com