Error: You must install the program before you can use the viewers.

By andreasml - February 4, 2019

Hi

I just purchased the Simple Forum plugin. I have followed the installation instruction and when i am trying to open the forum.php file I get this reply.

Any ideas how to get round it?

Kind regards

Andreas Lazaris

Error: You must install the program before you can use the viewers.

By daniel - February 4, 2019

Hi Andreas,

This message generally indicates that CMSB itself has not yet been installed. Are you able to log in and access the site's CMSB admin? Do you have any other front-end CMSB pages that are working correctly?

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - February 4, 2019

Hi Daniel

I think I fixed it. I just moved all the forumFiles directory into the CMSB directory and it seems ok.

Thank you very much for your quick response.

Regards

Andreas

By andreasml - February 5, 2019

Hi Daniel.

There seems to be another issue.

When I am asking to create a new topic the WisWyg box, under the subject textbook, is missing (upload file 1).

On the contrary when I am doing the same through the

CMS Setup > Plugins > Simple Forum > Sample Pages

it works perfectly (upload file 2)

Do you have a clue what to do?

Thanks, 

Andreas

By daniel - February 5, 2019

Hi Andreas,

It looks like the WYSIWYG tool is not loading correctly. The first thing I would double check is that the TinyMCE4 folder was also copied along with the example forum files. If the folder is there, the fastest route is probably to get us to have a look directly. Feel free to fill out a support request here (Select 2nd level support): https://www.interactivetools.com/support/request/ 

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - February 6, 2019

Hi Daniel

I cross-checked the TinyMCE4 folder which is there it should be. The problem still exists. I filled a 2nd level support request about 24 hours ago. Do you have an idea of how long t will take to have an answer?

Kind regards

Andreas ML

By daniel - February 6, 2019

Hi Andreas,

I checked out your installation, and it looks like some of the TinyMCE files became corrupted at some point when being copied. I've re-uploaded the TinyMCE4 folder and it looks to be working correctly now.

Let me know if you need help with anything else!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

By andreasml - February 6, 2019

Hi again

I am sorry to insist, however i cannot still make it work. Chech plz here: https://vascularregistry.gr/registry/forum/forum.php.

kind regards

Andreas ML

By daniel - February 6, 2019

Hi Andreas,

I'm still able to view the WYSIWYG fields when I check (see attached screenshot). I did forget to mention in my last post that, as the issues were in JavaScript files, the corrupted versions may be cached by your browser. Could you try clearing your browser cache, using incognito mode, or checking in a different browser?

Let me know if that helps, or if not, a specific page where you're still experiencing the issue?

Thanks!

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com
Attachments:

tinymce-working.PNG 11K

By hellenicvascularsurgery - February 6, 2019

Hi Daniel

Indeed when I checked it in Incognito mode it worked. 

Thanks!

Andreas