Entry deleted but still showing up

6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 11, 2008   (RSS)

By steve_e - April 10, 2008

Hi -
One of my colleagues added an entry to a multi-page section, but somehow managed to get it to come up twice in the records list. So she deleted one of the entries, upon which both disappeared.

Now, although neither show up, the entry still shows up as two separate entries in the list page and each has its own page. Not sure how to get rid of the entry/entries without going into the database, which I'm not that keen on doing...

Any help appreciated!
Regards, Steve.

Re: [steve_e] Entry deleted but still showing up

By Dave - April 10, 2008

Hi Steve,

That's really strange. The only way I can think of to create a record twice would be to add a record, then click back, then click save again. But even those two records would haev different numbers.

Are they still displayed in the editor? If so can you check what their record numbers are? Either mouse over or click the modify link and you'll see it on the end of the url.

The only other thing I can think of is that either the list viewer is pulling data from a different section or somewhere along the line (browser, internet provider, hosting company) the page is getting cached.

If you like I could login and take a look. Just email me login for CMS Builder and the url the page on the website that is displaying the records to dave@interactivetools.com

Hope that helps! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to assist.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Entry deleted but still showing up

By steve_e - April 10, 2008

Hi Dave -
Thanks for this. I'll email you the info. [:)]

By Dave - April 10, 2008

Thanks, I've responded via email, looks like there was multiple fields with similar data and that was making it confusing to tell which was which.

Let me know if you need any more help on this.
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Entry deleted but still showing up

By steve_e - April 11, 2008 - edited: April 11, 2008

Hi Dave -
Thanks for this, all looks good now. That was a daft mistake to make!
Best wishes,
Steve

By Dave - April 11, 2008

No problem at all, let us know if you run into any more problems. We're here to help! :)
interactivetools.com