Editor section not viewable w/Safari

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: April 1, 2015   (RSS)

By Deborah - April 1, 2015

Hi. Here's a weird issue (v 2.61).

I have a content editor with four "sections", each containing a header bar separator, textfield, and an upload field.

My client, using Safari on a Mac, is unable view the textfield and upload area for one of these sections. I confirmed this on my iPad w/Safari (see screenshot attached).

I thought it might be a scrolling problem, because this was the fourth section in the editor, but moving it to the top of the editor had no effect. This is not happening with Ffox or IE.

Is this a known issue w/Safari on v2.61? If so, I'll upgrade.

Thanks.
Deborah

Attachments:

safari-display-issue.jpg 70K

By gregThomas - April 1, 2015

Hi Deborah,

I'm not sure what could cause the WYSIWYG issue only in Safari. Please could you fill out a second level support request, and I'll take a closer look at the issue:

https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support_form.php

Thanks!

Greg

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com

By Deborah - April 1, 2015

Hi, Greg. This is embarassing... it is "operator error" (mine). As I was preparing the support request, I figured it out.

It appears that years ago I set the two fields in question to an access level of 'Admin Only', which correctly hid those sections for the 'Everyone' user. This must be the first time the client has attempted to update that section. My only tests with Safari was when I logged in as the user, so I thought it a Safari issue.

All is well... so sorry for the trouble!

~ Deborah

By gregThomas - April 1, 2015

No worries Deborah, glad you solved it! 

Greg Thomas

PHP Programmer - interactivetools.com