Download Mail Plugin - clear cmsb__incoming_mail ?

By gversion - September 13, 2019

Hello,

A client of mine has been using the downloadMail plugin for 3+ years and I noticed there are 56,000+ records in cmsb__incoming_mail.

Can I safely empty this table? I am worried if I do then historic emails might be sent again when cron next runs the plugin!

Thanks,

Greg

By daniel - September 13, 2019

Hi Greg,

Yes, it should be safe to empty that table without re-downloading old emails. Though, I would still recommend making a backup first in case something unexpected happens.

Let me know any other questions!

Thanks,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

Hi Daniel,

That's good to know, thank you.

Can you explain what that table is used for by the plugin please?

I guess as long as the mailbox inbox is empty then no duplicate emails will be downloaded and sent again. Does that seem right?

Thanks again,

Greg

By daniel - September 13, 2019

Hi Greg,

That table is simply where the downloaded mail is saved to in CMSB. It sounds like you might have some additional functionality that then re-sends downloaded emails? This plugin specifically handles just the downloading portion.

I guess as long as the mailbox inbox is empty then no duplicate emails will be downloaded and sent again. Does that seem right?

Yep, that's correct. The plugin deletes (or archives) messages after downloading them, essentially to prevent that exact thing.

Cheers,

Daniel
Technical Lead
interactivetools.com

Hi Daniel,

OK, so as long as my code does not retrieve messages from this table then I should be able to safely empty it.

I am hoping we copy the messages from cmsb__incoming_mail and the store them in a different table for manipulating... I will investigate!

Thanks for the help.

Regards,

Greg