Check Boxes

3 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 21, 2008   (RSS)

By Kenny - March 21, 2008

This would be a nice feature in a future version, but perhaps you may have a work around for me now.

When you create a field that is a list, you can choose between radio buttons and pull downs. It would be nice to be able to choose checkboxes and be able to put the options in the list as you can do with the other two.

An example of why you would want to be able to do this would be Realty Manager where you can have features of a home that you place check marks next to and those features show up on the front end website.

It is totally escaping me on how to make fields that use checkbox and get it to show up on the website right. All you get is 1's and 0's.

Re: [sagentic] Check Boxes

By Dave - March 21, 2008

Multi-value fields such as checkboxes are definitely on the list of planned features.

The workaround for now would be to create multiple checkboxes, one for each feature. You can display them like this:

If you want to show some text if a checkbox (named 'feature') is checked, you could use this:

<?php if ($record['feature']): ?>Feature Name<?php endif ?>

Or if you wanted to display two different values such as "Yes" or "No" you could use some code like this:

<?php echo $record['feature'] ? "Yes" : "No"; ?>

Hope that helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or feature requests! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Check Boxes

By Kenny - March 21, 2008

Awesome - that will work for now!