6 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > Off Topic / Other
Last Post: February 18, 2007   (RSS)

hello

Home page is under site-name/content/index.html. I need to change this index.html to index.php. Is it possible? How can I do this ?

My requirement is to include a article named 37.html to index.html ? Otherwise is it possible to add this before create the index.html ? I mean to default.html ?

Regards
Aniesh Joseph

Re: [aniesh82] Can i change the content/index.html to index.php ?

Hi Aniesh,

Thanks for the post!

You can change your Article Manager2 website to publish .php file extensions, to do this simply follow the steps below:

Under: "Admin > General Settings" set "Dynamic SSI Parsing" to "Server Resolved". This will make the search engine display PHP includes and code even though it's a cgi.

Under: "Admin > Publishing" set "Default File Extension" to "PHP" and save.

Under: "Admin > Publishing > Advanced Commands (pulldown on bottom left)" select "Templates: Convert SSIs to PHP includes".

Then republish (or republish a few rules) and test everything out.

Aniesh I don't actually understand what you mean by this:

" My requirement is to include a article named 37.html to index.html ? Otherwise is it possible to add this before create the index.html ? I mean to default.html ?"

Are you trying to pull your article (37.html) into your index.html template file? What you may want to do is provide us with a few more details on what your trying to set-up, once I have a better understanding of your needs I'll be happy to lend you a hand with this. :)

Re: [ChetW] Can i change the content/index.html to index.php ?

Hello

My requirement is :

HOME PAGE CONTENT
Any Home page Content sections can be included from the CMS

Include an article
Adding CMS driven home page content
1. Create a new Article Template with all formatting removed. Leave only “article content” and “image” cells (see front_articles.html in artman/templates/articles/ of petroceltic for sample)
2. IN CMS admin create a new category “HOME PAGE”

* When creating the category choose “front_articles.html” for Article Publication
* Select “hide the cat and articles” when creating category

3. Add articles to this category (1 article for each home page section)
4. Make them “Full Articles” & “Visible”
5. Article Title will become Section Header on Front Page
6. Add content to “Content” field not “summary” field
7. Take note of Article number when article has been created
8. Add include statement to Home page template (templates/index/default.html) php include(’ http://www.petroceltic.ie/content/article_97.php’);
9. This can be done for text or images
10. Repeat steps 3-9 for each home page section

I did all this step exceptStep Number 8. When I included the 37.html file (file from content folder) through
<?php include(’ http://www.webkitchen.ie/content/37.html’); ?>, nothing will display .

Can you help me to include this file.

Regards
Aniesh Joseph

Hello

I think you read my requirements. Here I am using Article Manager version 1.41. I couldnot find the links you specified.

Under: "Admin > General Settings" set "Dynamic SSI Parsing" to "Server Resolved". This will make the search engine display PHP includes and code even though it's a cgi.

Under: "Admin > Publishing" set "Default File Extension" to "PHP" and save.

Under: "Admin > Publishing > Advanced Commands (pulldown on bottom left)" select "Templates: Convert SSIs to PHP includes".

Please help me. I can send my admin password and user name, if needed. Can You give your contact email id ?

Regards
Aniesh Joseph

Re: [aniesh82] Can i change the content/index.html to index.php ?

Hi Aniesh,

Thanks for the follow-up!

Sorry for the mix-up, in Article Manager1 you will want to do the following when using php extensions:

1. Go to your template files and change and include types from this:[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]<!--#include virtual="YOUR_FILE_HERE" --> To this:[font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"][font "Verdana,Arial,Helvetica"]<?php include('YOUR_FILE_HERE'); ?> [font "Verdana"]Then login to [url "http://www.interactivetools.com/products/articlemanager/"][font "Verdana"]Article Manager[/#810081][/url][font "Verdana"] and go to the Setup Options --> Server section and change the Publish File extension to PHP. [font "Verdana"]Then just hit the Publish All button to recreate all the pages in PHP. [font "Verdana"] [font "Verdana"]Next let's look at you other question, I'm thinking that this one may be best handled through a support request with your ftp details. [font "Verdana"]This way I'll be able to take a closer look at how you have everything set-up and be able to help guide you in the right direction, you can fill out a support request here:[font "Verdana"] [font "Verdana"]https://www.interactivetools.com/support/email_support.cgi[font "Verdana"] [font "Verdana"]Does this help Aniesh? I look forward to hearing back from you soon!

Hi Chetw

Thanks for your reply.

My problem is solved.

Regards
Aniesh Joseph