Can I MERGE TWO RECORDS?

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: January 29, 2018   (RSS)

By csdesign - January 26, 2018

Hello! 

Is it possible to merge two records and maintain each members connection/ownership of the content. 

I need the info for the stallion "Don't Worry" to be on the same page as "FS Don't Worry". They are the same stallion and the name was accidently entered into the dropdown list to chose from for Stallion names twice. 

In the end, I want just the page "FS Don't Worry". The other tricky part (I'm guessing) is that these records were entered via 2 different membership logins and I need to retain the user information so it stays under their accounts. 

DON'T WORRY: (2 entries need to be on the "FS Don't Worry" page:

http://www.superiorequinesires.com/cdb-stallion-reports.php?title=Don%27t%20Worry
http://www.superiorequinesires.com/cdb-stallion-reports.php?title=FS%20Don%27t%20Worry

On a similar issued, I went to the hosting cpanel and no mySQL databases are even listed... so have to wait until Monday to talk to their hosting support. 

Thank you! Tina

By leo - January 29, 2018

Hi Tina,

If I'm right, your issue is that you have a field in a section that has duplicated options. You want to remove one of the options but also change the records that selected this option to be the correct one? If that's the case, you can do the following steps:

1. Find the duplicated option value (depending on how you set up the dropdown). Say the field has 'option one' and 'duplicated option one', you just take notes of duplicated option one value

2. Remove the duplicated option (duplicated option one)

3. In the url, add a search statement to find the records with the option. For example:

Original url: yourdomain.com/cmsb/admin.php?menu=section_name

If the field name is "test_field"

Search url: yourdomain.com/cmsb/admin.php?menu=section_name&test_field=duplicated_option_one_value

4. Modify the search result. Change the records to correct option

Let me know if you have any questions!

Thanks,

Leo - PHP Programmer (in training)
interactivetools.com