Calendar / Booking System

By Toledoh - February 27, 2010

Hi Guys,

I'm interested in getting some dialogue started in terms of a calendar and booking system.

From a brief read - I think it would be possible to set up something that would output to XML and then be read by Google Calendar - and then displayed in a calendar (day / month / year view etc) into a website.

Doesn't have to be Google Calendar though...

This could be used for events / workshops / seminars etc where a number of people book for 1 instance. Or could be for example, a room hire, where once booked - the item is closed.

Any thoughts?
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

Re: [Toledoh] Calendar / Booking System

By Dave - March 2, 2010

Hi Tim,

We've done a few custom calendar applications but not enough to have figured out a simple way to do it and display the data.

If you have a client project we could certainly help with it through consulting. Otherwise we'll keep working on these features to build in the software.

If there's a basic first step we could help with that, but to do it they way we'd want to we'd need to replicate the functionality of Google Calendar (repeating events, etc) and then create a Code Generator to create a number of common views for that data and search functions for querying it. Probably a good few solid weeks of work.

There's a lot of applications: such as therapists booking 0.5 to 1.5 hour applications, events the occur on repeating schedules, bed & breadfasts or hotel rooms than rent out by 1.5 day intervals. So we're certainly thinking about it but we haven't figured out a simple way to do it all yet.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Calendar / Booking System

By Toledoh - March 3, 2010

Thanks Dave.

Totally understand.

Keep me in mind if others come to you requesting a similar thing. I think I could find a client to contribute to development costs once there's some form of specification and budget.
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By gkornbluth - March 7, 2010

Hi Guys,

Just my two cents...

I think a really comprehensive calendar would be a super addition to the mix as well, and well worth the wait.

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth
The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Maurice - March 10, 2010

Hi Toledoh,

we are now adding this http://www.ajaxavailabilitycalendar.com/ to expression engine but can be easily intergrated with cmsb using the membership add-on.

if you cant we can help.

Greetz Maurice
-------------------------------------------

Dropmonkey.nl

Re: [Maurice] Calendar / Booking System

By Toledoh - March 10, 2010

Thanks Maurice.

I'll check it out!
Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)