CSV Export v1.02 Released (more export settings)

By Dave - March 4, 2010

We've just released CSV Export v1.02 with the following changes:

- Added option to allow excluding fields from CSV export
- Added new menu option to export "Search Results" only (instead of all records)

This is useful if you want to export only certain fields, or only records matching certain searches (all active accounts, all overdue orders, etc).

See the readme for more details or make these changes in the top of of the csvExport.php file.

For a full description of this plugin and to download the latest version:
http://www.interactivetools.com/appstore/detail.php?CSV-Export-1005

Please feel free to post your feedback and questions! We're always eager to get your feature requests and bug reports. Post in the forum or email me at dave@interactivetools.com.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] CSV Export v1.02 Released (more export settings)

By avrom - April 25, 2010

Hi Dave,

I've just installed the CSV Plugin for a current project. The fields are all being downloaded to Excel in alphabetical order. But it would be much better for the client to actually maintain the order of the fields that are actually set up in the section editor.

Can you provide a quick fix ?

Also would be more beneficial if a client could select what fields in the section (a page of all the fields with a checkbox) they want ot download instread fo all the fields. Any plans for that integration in the future would be appreciated...

Cheers and thanx
Avrom

Re: [virgodesign] CSV Export v1.02 Released (more export settings)

By Dave - April 26, 2010

Hi Avrom,

There's no functionality planned for allowing users to select what fields they want. But you can specify fields to "skip" in the plugin on this line:
$GLOBALS['CSVEXPORT_SKIP_FIELDS'] = array('dragSortOrder','_filename','_link');

We can have the fields sorted in the output, though. Just email me at dave@interactivetools.com and I'll send you a beta for the next version with this functionality.

Thanks! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com