CMSB v3.54 Beta 3 (Maintenance Release)
We've just released CMSB v3.54 Beta 3. This is a maintenance release but one thing to note is the minimum version of PHP that is required is now 7.2.
- This software version REQUIRES: PHP 7.2+ and MySQL 5.5+
- NOTE: Some plugins may need to be updated when upgrading from v2.xx
- "removeDate" special field is now ignored when left blank. **SEE UPGRADE NOTES BELOW**
- Automated schema sync now also adds missing indexes for fields that already exist (for better
compatibility with uploading schema files edited externally)
- Fixed issue stopping 'all' search field working when section has a tab field type.
- Disable database encryption when MySQL hostname is set to "localhost"
- Update for iframe sizing in Firefox
- Code updates to add support for PHP 7.4
- Updates for MySQL 8 compatibility
- Upgraded the HTML purifier library to version 4.12.0
- Blank passwords are no longer allowed (previously only possible by erasing password with a mysql query)
- Misc Code and other minor improvements.
REMOVEDATE UPGRADE NOTES
Prior to this version, the default behavior for removeDate was to hide a post if
the field was blank. We've reversed this so that posts with a blank removeDate are hidden.
Before upgrading from older versions, verify that no sections are relying on the old behavior.
If you're not already on the beta tester email list and you'd like to get notified of upcoming betas you can sign up here:http://www.interactivetools.com/news/manage.php
And you can download the latest beta here:https://www.interactivetools.com/order/download.php
Please post any feedback, questions, or bugs you find! Thanks!
Hi, Interactive Tools. Thanks for the new updates. I'm happy to see PHP 7.4 support! I
I have a couple of comments...
1) It appears the "file extensions allowed" issue in the following post may not have been addressed:
2) I'm not clear on the following note and would like to better understand how removeDate is changing.
"Prior to this version, the default behavior for removeDate was to hide a post if the field was blank. We've reversed this so that posts with a blank removeDate are hidden."
Those two sentences have the same meaning to me. In my beta tests, items with a blank removeDate are not hidden.
My beta test results:
if removeDate is blank -- it is displayed (database date recorded as "0000-00-00 00:00:00")
if removeDate = future date -- it is displayed
if removeDate = past date -- it is hidden
I've resolved the "file extensions allowed" issue for the next build. And for the removeDate, good catch, I think it's a typo but I'll confirm with the programmer.
I believe the old behavior was to hide records with blank removeDates and we're now showing them.
Thanks for helping us test the beta! Let me know if you find anything else or have any other feedback!