Backup and Restore

4 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 4, 2008   (RSS)

By avrom - February 4, 2008

Hi,

I just installed CMS Builder on a client site and am quite impressed :) I was wondering if you could install a backup and restore function into the "Admin" section, since all the content and hard-work of the setup would be lost. I realize I can do that with phpMyAdmin, but easier if it was done via the program.

Cheers
Avrom (VirgoDesign.ca)

Re: [virgodesign] Backup and Restore

By Dave - February 4, 2008

Hello fellow Canadian! :)

I've added Backup & Restore to the feature request list. It's something I've wanted myself. There's a some big features in the queue ahead of that but hopefully we'll see it in the next few releases.

Thanks for the suggestion! :)
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com

Re: [Dave] Backup and Restore

By avrom - February 4, 2008

Hi Dave,

I would be interested in having this installed as a priority consulting. Can you give me a quote on providing the code for that mod ? If I have the code then I can add it in directly on further purchases of CMS Builder. Cheers...

Re: [virgodesign] Backup and Restore

By Dave - February 4, 2008

Sure, when do you need it by? We're currently working on v1.10 but we could add that feature in v1.11 and build it right into the software if you wanted to "sponsor" it.

I'd quote 8 hours (at 75/hour is $600), and we could credit the full amount towards CMS licenses. So basically if you wanted to buy a 5 pack that would cover it.

Let me know if that works for you.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer

interactivetools.com