Adding Menus

2 posts by 2 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: February 18, 2008   (RSS)

By avrom - February 18, 2008

Hi Dave,

When I go to add a custom "menu" in the section editor, I get a record with several predefined fields. Actually I would prefer to have no fields or customize my own fields to be used. I assume I can change this somewhere.

I'm on my second CMS Builder now, and seeing a lot of good possibilities here. Just not a big fan of the pull-down menu on the right, and would prefer to see "menus" down the left hand side. Cheers and thanx !

Best wishes
Avrom

Re: [virgodesign] Adding Menus

By Dave - February 18, 2008

>When I go to add a custom "menu" in the section editor, I get a record with several predefined fields. Actually I would prefer to have no fields or customize my own fields to be used. I assume I can change this somewhere.

Yes, you can. Anytime you create a new "menu" it adds a "schema" file for it in /data/schema/. The presets are schema files that are in the exact same format and are /data/schemaPresets/.

You can modify or remove presets by modifying or erasing the files in /schemaPresets/ and create your own by copying the file for a menu you've created from /schema/ to /schemaPresets/.

>Just not a big fan of the pull-down menu on the right, and would prefer to see "menus" down the left hand side.

I agree, we have that on the wishlist for a future version. I actually enjoy UI design quite a bit, so it's been hard keeping myself from spending a couple days redesigning that instead of more requested features. :)

That said, you can certainly design your own "skin" for it pretty easily. There's a post here where Doug is doing just that. http://www.interactivetools.com/iforum/P59475

Hope that helps! Let me know if you need any more detail on anything.
Dave Edis - Senior Developer
interactivetools.com