This plugin allows you to display single or multiple addresses on a Google map, automatically geocode addresses in CMS and PHP forms, and create search forms that search and sort by distance (eg: show all results within 10 miles of my postal code).
The moment you install Geocoder it instantly creates a test database full of addresses and provides working demos of all the features complete with easy to copy source code.
Some of the things you can do right away are:
- Select an existing database table to geocode all the addresses as latitude and longitude, even if you have thousands of records
- Have latitude/longitude automatically calculated every time a user clicks save on a new or existing record in the CMS
- Create a search form to show results within a certain distance from the current user's postal code
- Sort results by distance and display distance on your page in either miles or kilometers
- Display a Google map with a single address marker on record detail pages
- Display a Google map with multiple address markers and popups that show more information or link to detail pages
If you've ever hand-coded Google Maps API code before you know it can take you many hours to do even one of these tasks. The Geocoder plugin reduces that time to just a few minutes. For basic users you can create a search form or map in almost no-time, and for more advanced users who want to further customize their Google maps output we provide an example code base that is easy to build on.
Please Note: This plugin uses V3 of the Google Maps API, which requires you display a map on your site to use it. For complete details on allowed usage, consult the Maps API Terms of Service License Restrictions here: http://code.google.com/apis/maps/terms.html#section_10_12