Have editor see Content rather then see textarea when logged in

7 posts by 5 authors in: Forums > CMS Builder
Last Post: March 28, 2015   (RSS)

By Twocans - March 24, 2015

Hi yea,
I was trying to figure how best to approach.

I build a cms for my client and I am logged in as admin. My client logs in as editor.

I have the cms built so as I can add the page title and  metas, both keyword and description 

Now when my client logs in as an editor, I have it set so it is he or she who adds the content but not have access to the keywords thus.

I would like my client to see as text and not in a text area the keywords I have added for the metas.

I say this as when I analyse the keywords etc I would like the to use some or all of these keywords in the content, I want them to have these keywords in front of them as they type the content into the cms but I do not want them to change it. So I was wondering, since they are logged in as editor is there any way they only get to see this specific textarea as words on the page on top of their cms area.

regards

Kenny

By gkornbluth - March 24, 2015 - edited: March 24, 2015

Hi Kenny,

I don't think you can do that for specific fields in the back end.

Any way that you can allow access through a front end form instead of the back end?

Then you can show the keyword field in the viewer while allowing editing of other fields in the form.

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Twocans - March 24, 2015

Brilliant reply thank you very much .  Amazing how powerful the cms is.

Regards

K

By Toledoh - March 25, 2015

That's a great tip Damon!

Cheers,

Tim (toledoh.com.au)

By gkornbluth - March 25, 2015 - edited: March 25, 2015

Great idea Damon,

So elegant...

And a definite recipe for the CMSB Cookbook

Best,

Jerry Kornbluth

The first CMS Builder reference book is now available on-line!

Take advantage of a free 3 month trial subscription, only for CMSB users, at: http://www.thecmsbcookbook.com/trial.php

By Deborah - March 28, 2015

Can't wait to try this one, Damon! I've been wanting to have this option for years!

Thank you.
~ Deborah